Are you committing to a digital workspace in 2021?
An ever-increasing number of businesses are reducing their physical footprint and taking advantage of digital workspaces. The reason for giving up premises may be due to budgetary constraints, finding a better operating model online, out of concern for staff wellbeing, or a combination of all three.
Regardless of the motivation, this is a considerable change that’s bearing out a multitude of positives and changing the working landscape as we know it. Companies are already seeing the benefits of:
- Reduced overheads – a reduction in premises means a reduction in operating costs
- Business continuity – the risk of a COVID outbreak hindering operations reduced by homeworking
- Reduced liability – less office space inevitably leads to fewer accidents in or around the workplace
- Increased flexibility – staff picking up tasks and responding to emails when they have downtime
- Improved green credentials – less commuting for staff means an environmental saving in pollution (eco-friendly bragging rights for any business)
- Staff having a better work-life balance
The move over to a digital workspace can be an intimidating one, with many questions as to where anyone would start such a task. Cleardata can help make the transition easier when it comes to documents and files, with both a document scanning and cloud storage solution.
Cloud File Storage
In order to migrate into a digital workspace, the physical elements of any business need to be contended with. Over time businesses can amass a sizeable amount of paperwork, files and records. These can include HR files, communications, invoices, plans and drawings, the list goes on. Although it may be that most of what’s being held onto is for compliance purposes, there will still be live files that require regular access. Whether files are active or inactive, neither need to be held on-site taking up space in an office.
The best digital solution is cloud file storage. Introducing a system like Cleardox EDM (Electronic Document Management) will change the way any business thinks about its filing system. It removes that dependency on physical files and frees departments up to be more flexible and agile.
Cloud file storage system benefits
- Unparalleled access and flexibility – 24/7 365 days a year, using any device with an internet connection to view stored documents
- Faster file retrieval – no more looking through several cabinets or folders for one elusive file
- Clearsearch – using an existing list of file names and the Clearsearch tool, users can easily retrieve a document in Cleardox EDM
- Version control and audit trail – view document activity by user/department
- Documents searchable by metadata – metadata collected during the indexing process can be used as terms to speed up and refine searches
- User and group management – manage user and department profiles from the admin centre defining their level of access
- Secure system – UK based servers providing GDPR compliant data storage.
- Digital backup to physical files
Learn more about our Cleardox EDM cloud file storage system here
Depending on where a company is in terms of their file storage, our team have multiple solutions for every scenario, to ensure a smooth transition.
Migrating from existing systems
It’s not uncommon for businesses to have multiple departments using different software to store and share existing digital files. This can present a challenge when migrating to a unifying system. There are two ways to get the data out of these systems:
- Data can be pulled by an internal team, downloaded manually or with multiple system exports, depending on the software or platform.
- Our team can use RPA (Robotic Process Automation) to retrieve files automatically before storing them in a central repository
Indexing legacy files
When all of the files are held in one place, there’s still the naming convention to be confirmed. In order to efficiently identify and recall files, they may need to be renamed.
Various departments may need filenames to represent different content held within the documents for example:-
HR (First Name, Last Name, Year of Birth, File Type) = Joe_Bloggs_1964_Personnel.pdf
Our team can take the naming format you require and have a data extraction tool pull out the data specified in that format (as shown in the above example). That same tool can also pull relevant information relating to retention dates to ensure compliance when moved into Cleardox EDM.
File structures are then mapped out to specification ensuring that manual searches can be performed with ease.
Once collated and indexing is specified, our team uploads the data via a bulk uploader tool into the Cleardox EDM system.
Paper to digital
Paper documentation can be scanned and uploaded to join the rest of the digital files in Cleardox EDM, if required. Read more about the scanning process here
User permission groups are set up to ensure the correct access is given to those who need it within the organisation. Security both inside and outside the organisation is well maintained with Cleardox EDMs configurable user groups.
Cleardox EDM comes with a comprehensive user guide to leave users knowledgeable and ready to go. We can also provide a range of training options to help businesses get the best out of the platform.