Home Group – Invoice Processing
Home Group provides high quality housing and integrated housing health and social care to 110,000 people living in 55,000 homes across England and Scotland.
The company processes around 43,000 purchase order invoices per annum and wanted an automated solution to reduce paper processing and manual tasks such as data entry to save valuable time for accounts payable staff.
Cleardata provides an automated invoice processing service for Home Group. This includes processing around 3,600 paper and electronic invoices on a monthly basis.
- Physical invoices and financial documentation are diverted via PO Box to our secure mailroom where our team opens and sorts them.
- Electronic mail is received via email
- Paperwork is scanned in Cleardata’s mailroom facility using Kodak scanning technology and indexed with associated invoice metadata.
- Cleardata automatically captures data from the invoices including line item capture using Kofax intelligent capture software.
- Rules and workflow have been agreed with the customer for invoices which can be passed automatically and invoices which fall into the exceptions category.
- Exceptions are uploaded with the relevant metadata to our Cleardox EDM solution. Home Group’s AP team action these invoices for processing.
- Automated email responses are also provided to suppliers based on the company’s rules.
“Cleardata’s automated invoice processing and scanning service has helped Home Group go paperless and save valuable time for our Accounts Payable team. The Cleardox EDM solution allows us to search for digital invoices quickly and also provides an exceptions management queue for our AP team to process. The service has been great and our Account Manager is always on hand for any queries.” Accounts Payable Manager