Siemens Healthineers provides leading innovative medical solutions worldwide. The company approached Cleardata seeking a secure document storage company to fully manage their archives. Key strategic objectives included:-
- Outsource archives and free up office space to be utilised for other business activities
- Ensure security and long term protection of records
- Quicker retrieval times
- Managed destruction dates for records, in line with agreed record retention periods
Cleardata delivered a secure document storage solution to enable Siemens Healthineers, Llanberis to outsource the storage of their records and provide a fully manage archive service.
In order to outsource Siemens Healthineers archives efficiently, Cleardata appointed a Project Manager to organise the extraction and collection of 6200 boxes, with additional boxes to be collected as required. Key tasks included:-
- Visit site to assess records, access and site transport requirements
- Set up collection schedule over a 5 year period
- Cleardata employee onsite to organise extraction of records, boxing up, palletization and barcoding
- Boxes and records fully indexed to match Siemens Healthineers existing archive contents list
- Secure transportation of documents from Siemens Healthineers to Cleardata’s archive facility
- Provide an accurate list of all archives held in storage
- Provide managed destruction dates for records
As part of the project Cleardata set up a secure scan on demand service, enabling authorised members of staff to retrieve files within 2 hours. This enabled files to be requested, located, scanned and returned electronically as required. Retrieving documents using this service allows the staff to access documents far more quickly and efficiently.
Cleardata’s barcode tracking system provides Siemens Healthineers with a full records management audit trail, detailing retrieval requests and all archive activity.
Destruction dates are managed, using pre-agreed destruction dates. Only once approval has been given by authorised members of staff will documents be securely disposed of.
Feedback from Siemens Healthineers, Llanberis
“Cleardata ticked all the boxes for Siemens Healthineers archive storage needs, with information security, quality management and assurance integrated throughout their processes. We found their flexible approach, innovative ideas and project management invaluable. They advised us at every stage of outsourcing our high volume of archives to their secure premises.
As well as securing our documentation, Cleardata have implemented managed destruction dates, helping Siemens Healthineers to accomplish an efficient document lifecycle and ultimately reducing our ongoing archive storage costs.”