The Environment Agency
The Environment Agency work to protect and improve the environment for people and wildlife. Established in 1996, they have approximately 10,600 staff, working in multiple offices across the UK.
The company approached Cleardata searching for a scanning solution to digitise their modelling and forecasting records. These records are key to the business, enabling staff to carry out flood and coastal risk analysis and reporting.
The Environment Agency wanted to make records digitally available for staff to retrieve quickly and efficiently. Access to live data ensures that staff are able to act quickly and make decisions in response to emergency incidents. As part of the project they also wanted to free up already limited office space.
Cleardata provided The Environment Agency with a solution that enables staff to access records quickly from any location. Digital files can now be electronically transferred between departments, eliminating risks such as loss of documents or potential damage.
Our scanning process included:-
- Modelling and forecasting records diverted to Cleardata’s scanning bureau using tracked vehicles and security cleared drivers. Each box given a unique barcode label, enabling files to be tracked during transportation and throughout the bureau.
- Records scanned using high production OCR scanners to convert records into digital format.
- Scanned images 200% quality checked, before being indexed in line with existing index lists provided by The Environment Agency.
- Digital files uploaded to a hard drive and returned with password protection.
- Physical records held for an agreed period, allowing The Environment Agency to perform their own quality checks before being compliantly shredded.
“The services provided by Cleardata have once again proved to be exactly what we needed. Communication with the company was easy, and we were kept fully informed of progress. The work was completed on time, and to budget, and the quality checks we carried out in house did not identify any issues with the work. We were very happy with the solution provided, and would recommend Cleardata for similar projects.”
Modelling & Forecasting Officer, The Environment Agency