Virgin Care – HR Scanning Case Study
The company approached Cleardata, looking for a solution to convert all employee records into digital format.
The main driver behind the project was to enable authorised members of staff to access files from multiple locations, improve searching for specific documents and back up information securely.
Cleardata have digitised over 112,200 employee records and uploaded information into their DART KW Cloud Document Management System.
The Company collected all HR files from Virgin Care’s Head Office and multiple locations across the UK. Due to the nature of the business, this is an on-going process that consists of Cleardata collecting new employee records from GP surgeries that have entered into contract with Virgin Care.
- Files are intelligently prepared prior to scanning to split out key information into 4 categories, which consists of compliance, contractual, other and employee relations.
- Paperwork digitised using Cleardata’s high production Kodak scanners before going through a double quality checking process that ensures every single image is checked by two separate operators.
- Files uploaded into DART KW Cloud Document Management solution, enabling staff at Virgin Care to access records using applied meta-data such as first name, surname and payroll number. This dramatically speeds up the paper based process that was originally in place and ensures files that are added to the system manually by Virgin Care’s HR department are indexed in a consistent manner.
- User’s permissions are restricted by location and site, with a full audit trail of activity performed by each member of staff e.g. accessing files and checking records in and out of the system.
- Cleardata also manage the process of employee file extraction on behalf of Virgin Care when a contract has come to an end.
“Managing our personnel files using Cleardata’s Document Management Software means we’re able to access records far more quickly and reduces time spent on searching through our old paper based files, which in turn keeps our staff happy. The system acts as a central repository for all HR records, which is important to the business due to our multiple sites and locations. I am happy with the service provided by Cleardata and can see us working with them for years to come”. HR Team, Virgin Care