Digitising patient care records; a 2020 necessity
In 2018 the NHS launched its campaign to achieve a paperless 2020 and its mandate is a simple one, in theory, to harness the power of technology and become less reliant on cumbersome legacy filing systems and paper-filled processes. The recent NHS Long Term Plan committed to every patient having access to digital-first primary care by 2023/24. All of this to ease the administrative pressure on healthcare professionals, giving more control to patients when it comes to health and well-being, and pooling information and data to help support the development of medicines and treatments.
Throughout the course of a lifetime, a patient can accrue many files consisting of what seems like reams of pages, bound in single or multiple folders. This paperwork then needs to be made available to a GP, specialist, or carer. When dealing with hundreds to potentially thousands of patients, document location and archiving can be a time-consuming process, potentially leading to longer wait times and impaired service. The same can also be said of the storage of inactive records taking up valuable physical space in GP practices.
Digitisation is the streamlining solution that benefits not just GPs, practices, and hospitals but the patient. COVID-19 has seen less face to face consultation time become available, GP’s out of necessity are having more telephone consultations. This may have led to an increase in inbound phone calls and a further burden on hospital and practice administration. With the strange and limiting times we’ve now found ourselves in, communication and the sharing of digitised health records has never been more important.
Cleardata is here to be your patient record digitisation partner and lift some of those burdens, offering healthcare practitioners the ability to view, search, share, and manage their patient records and documents in a secure, smart, and efficient manner.
Patient Records Document Scanning Services
We offer an end to end solution that encompasses:
- Patient records can be collected from any UK location, using our securely tracked fleet
- Our team offer a full boxing up service to reduce the workload for practice staff
- Records are checked in for each stage of the process, providing a secure audit trail
- Our secure scanning bureau uses the latest Kodak scanning technology
- Lloyd George patient records can be prepped and scanned quickly and easily
- Fragile documents are digitised in our specialist scanning area, using flatbed scanning equipment
- Scans are checked twice to ensure clarity and quality
- Scan on demand is available throughout the scanning process, which means records can be requested, retrieved and digitally returned within hours of your request.
- Our data entry team can index to your requirements e.g. first name, surname, NHS number and date of birth
- Secure destruction – once you’re happy with the digital images our team can shred the patient records. Lloyd George wallets can be returned to meet compliance requirements
Throughout the scanning process, records will be stored in our secure document management facility. Premises are protected by enhanced security and fire detection systems and 24 hour CCTV. Cleardata is assured to:-
- ISO27001 – Information Security
- ISO9001 – Quality Management Systems
- Cyber Essentials Plus
- Annual DSPT Toolkit Submission
Cleardata is experienced in patient record digitalisation. Check out our case studies to find out more
Get in touch today to discuss how we can get you to your paperless goal or try our quick quote tool.