Microfiche Scanning Services
For secure and high-quality microfilm and microfiche scanning, come to the team at Cleardata, the document management company which serves businesses all over the UK. Our bureau is equipped with modern digitisation equipment that will convert your archived microfilms/microfiche records to a far more convenient digital format. Your information security is safe with us due to Cleardata being accredited for ISO27001 Information Security and Quality Management Systems. All staff are security cleared.
- Our dedicated team of professionally trained consultants will discuss the best options to convert your microfiche and microfilms.
- We offer UK collection services for our digitisation services
- Our team of experienced imaging staff will begin the process of scanning your records, which will produce high-resolution digital scans. These will automatically be converted to your chosen format (including TIFF, JPEG or PDF).
- Next comes the process of indexing these digital copies, which will give you the ability to search through your entire catalogue of archived files to retrieve the specific image you are looking for.
- These converted and fully indexed documents are then returned back to you. The most suitable method of returning your documents to you will be decided in our initial discussion, with popular choices. Including DVD, CD, memory stick or even secure FTP site. This will provide your business with a bespoke solution which fits perfectly alongside your specific needs.
Why Choose Us?
- If you’re looking for a company which is up to the standards of information security and quality management then look no further than Cleardata. We are accredited to ISO standards ISO9001/2008 and ISO27001.
- We make sure that we stay ahead of the competition by keep on top of technological trends. We use the latest scanning hardware and use the latest storage capabilities.
- We operate a 200% checking service: every document that we scan is checked twice by our dedicated team of quality checking professionals to ensure the highest quality image.
- With over 150,000 documents scanned a day and 3 million each month, it’s clear that businesses appreciate what we do.
- Our microfilm scanners and microfiche scanners provide digital output to 200 dpi – 600 dpi,and offer a true dpi output. The scanners allow the head to be moved to enable capture of the microfilm or fiche image at true size. The scanners also enable the images to be cleaned up.
Did you know?
Traditional microfiche and microfilm has become one of the most inefficient forms of data storage. Our microfiche scanning and microfilm scanning services can provide digital conversion solutions to companies looking to benefit from a vastly superior form of data archiving.
Our experienced digital conversion team can convert your microfiche and microfilm to a variety of digital formats, providing you with a much cheaper and efficient way of accessing your archived data.
Microfiche was generally used when storing data on roll film was not practical e.g when the document was not large enough to warrant using a whole reel of film. It was also used when files needed updating over time, as additional strips of film could be placed within an existing fiche jacket.
The standard 16mm five channel fiche can be found just about anywhere from Finance and Insurance, to HR and Personnel Departments. It was also used a great deal in the public sector in the Pensions and HR Departments as well as Planning Offices or Highways Management.
35mm film was used to store anything larger than A3 in size for example maps, books, plans or drawings. So may commonly be found in manufacturing or construction companies.
Combi Jackets contain 3 channels of 16mm film, plus 1 channel of 35mm film.
COM Fiche – Computer Output to Microfilm
Computer output to microfilm systems were used to store computer data directly to microfilm. This was often used for accounts information for banks and financial institutions, payroll data or insurance information. These fiche can hold hundreds of images.
Benefits of Microfiche Scanning
Converting your microfiche and microfilm becomes the obvious choice when considering the numerous benefits your company can enjoy.
Viewing data which has been stored on either microfiche or microfilm is a costly process, with some microfiche readers costing as much £1000. Converting these files to a digital format eliminates the need to invest in costly viewers and reading equipment.
Files stored on microfiche and microfilm cannot be indexed, which could mean an entire afternoon spent searching for one particular image. Digital versions of these images can be catalogued by any number of factors, allowing for instant identification of the file you are looking for.
Protection from loss and damage
Microfiche and microfilms are can be easily lost, damaged or misplaced due to their size. Digital versions of these files can be securely stored in an electronic document management system, guaranteeing their protection from loss. Digital files can also be backed up in multiple locations for further insurance.
Control who has access to files
After converting microfiche and microfilms to a digital format, your files can be password protected on a dedicated document management server, which can also provide details on who in your organisation has accessed your digital files. Choose who is authorised to access particular documents, and be safe in the knowledge that your data is protected.