Microfilm Scanning Services
Cleardata offers Microfilm Scanning Services throughout the UK. Our secure bureau offers the latest microfilm digitisation technology. We can digitise any size of microfilm including 16mm, 35mm and 3M Cartridges.
Our secure scanning bureau is certified for Information Security, Quality Management and Legal Admissibility of Electonic Information. We can offer a full audit trail for your film conversion, by the user, time and date.
We have a fleet of Sunrise Apollo scanners which can convert film, fiche or aperture cards to a high-quality digital image.
Our Microfilm Digitisation Process
- Cleardata’s local Account Director will agree your needs
- We can collect your film from any location using our fleet of secure vehicles
- Your film will be securely checked in using our barcode management system
- Our team will set up your film ready for scanning
- The microfilm will be digitised to your required format e.g. PDF or TIFF
- Digital images will be quality checked by two separate operatives.
- Data will be digitally indexed. We usually index at the reel level, e.g. folder name from the data on the outside of the reel case and then sequentially number the frames within that folder.
- Data can be returned by secure FTP or uploaded to our cloud document management system.
Why Digitise Your Microfilm?
- Provide access to multiple users across your sites/locations
- Enable faster access to information
- GDPR Compliance means you need to respond to requests quickly and if older records are stored on film this can delay your response and potentially cause fines.
- Back up your important business records
Roll Film Microfilm Scanning
How do I know the size of my microfilm? To determine the size of your microfilm you simply measure the width of the roll.
- Maintenance Records
- Finance and Accounts Records
- HR & Personnel Records
35mm roll film was used to store anything larger than A3. For example newspapers, maps, drawings, books, manuscripts and pictures. Microfilm is generally kept in reel form however it can be cut up to create aperture cards for the manufacturing and construction industry to keep plans and drawings on.
For further details about Cleardata’s Microfilm Scanning Services contact our team on 0800 046 8081. We will be happy to discuss your needs or arrange a visit to assess your Roll Film.