Legal Records Management – Digitise Files & Improve Access
Solicitors and legal practices are faced with a variety of daily records management challenges. From producing and storing extraordinary volumes of paper, to carrying out paper based processes such as legal conveyancing and now, following the Covid-19 pandemic, operating efficiently with home working staff who may traditionally rely on access to physical legal files or records.
With many solicitors and lawyers currently working from home, digital access to legal documents is more important than ever to maintain productivity and provide good customer service.
Cleardata provides document management services to many legal organisations, digitising records such as client files, contracts and legal packets to enable remote access in accordance with GDPR guidelines. Check out our legal case studies to learn more.
Improve Legal Records Management
How can Cleardata document scanning, storage and cloud-based document management solutions improve Legal Records Management?
- Providing home workers with flexible, easy access to information from any location by utilising our electronic document management system
- Back-up and protect important records
- Free up valuable office space
- GDPR – our team will index records according to your rules and provide retention dates to improve compliance
- Legal document security – restrict access to information and monitor activity with a full electronic audit trail via our cloud document management solution
- Speed up legal conveyancing processes to help employees focus on high value activities, saving time and increasing productivity
Cleardata digitises over 5 million images per month and provides a 2 x 100% quality checking service on all documents scanned. Our secure scanning bureau uses the latest Kodak scanning technology to capture legal documents of any size to the highest resolution and any digital format, accredited to BS 10008 for Legal Admissibility of Electronic Images and ISO27001 for Information Security.
Our bureau can also digitise books or notepads using our Unionovo Book Scanner or Flatbed Scanning Technology.
- Collection throughout the UK, with a full audit trail of legal scanning and activity
- Legal files and records available for retrieval throughout the scanning process via our scan on demand process. Records will be prepped for scanning, with all staples, paperclips and tags removed. The team can intelligently prepare by document type, such as:-
- Client Files
- Legal Packets
- Disclosure Documents
- Compensation Claims
- Data entry – legal information such as name, date or case reference number can be indexed and validated against existing databases to allow digital information to be found quickly and easily
- Digitised documents can be outputted in any required format e.g PDF, JPEG or TIFF
- Bookmarks can be added to PDF’s
- Records can be returned via SFTP (secure file transfer protocol), USB, DVD or via our cloud based Electronic Document Management System to provide your fee-earning staff with easy access to legal documents from any location
Securely store archived legal records offsite in our secure facility. Reduce storage costs and utilise newly available space to create a paperless office that supports social distancing.
- Full collection and boxing up service offered across the UK
- Compliance – Records can be indexed on arrival using key information and retention dates
- Security – Our facility is equipped with the latest technology and security, including enhanced fire and water detection systems and 24 hour CCTV monitoring
- Online Archive Management System – Cleardox AMS provides an online statement of legal documents stored in our secure facility and allows you to easily manage them from any location
- Full audit trail of physical interaction
- Fast access via the cloud
- Restrict user access for authorised employees only
- Easily request documents for retrieval, scanning and digital return within hours using Scan on Demand
- Monitor box contents and destruction at your convenience with automated notifications when archives reach the end of their life cycle. Cleardata also offers a secure document destruction service.
Electronic Document Management
Easily access digitised legal documents online with our electronic document management system: Cleardox EDM. It’s a cloud-based digital filing cabinet that enables the easy storage, searching and retrieval of digital documents.
Cleardox EDM provides:-
- Easy view feature with an inbuilt PDF viewing tool to easily copy OCR text
- Fast search functionality – efficiently search for documents with keywords, favourite searches and advanced features
- Audit trail – monitor document activity by user, date and time
- Version control – stay up to date on the latest changes with version number, size and date
- Access control – restrict access to data by user, role or department to ensure security and compliance regardless of location
- Data tagging – legal documents can be tagged consistently to help maintain compliance and ensure efficiency, providing metadata for every record
- Flexible access – access legal documents securely from any location, supporting increased home and flexible working practices
- Upload new documents from your desktop
- Workflow management – automate processes, assign tasks and speed up authorisation by routing documents to assigned users
For further information about Cleardata Legal Records Management Services and how they can support your legal practice contact us today on 0800 046 8081 or try one of our calculator tools.
|Calculate Archiving Costs||Calculate Scanning Costs|