Stay compliant with an effective records management strategy
By 2018 The European Parliament hopes to replace the outdated EU Data Protection Directive 1995 and streamline the rules and regulations surrounding the protection of personal data. In order for businesses to stay compliant, effective records management is essential.
Understanding document retention periods is important when managing personal records, even more so for medical, legal, finance and government sectors. Many companies attempt to manage records in-house, however storing documents on site can put your records at risk, common issues include:-
- Staff without permission gaining access to personal information
- Lost or misplaced documents
- Threat of fire and flood damage
Cleardata offers a range of solutions designed to reduce risks and allow businesses to stay compliant, including:-
Archive Storage Services
- Records collected from any UK location using tracked vehicles, files will be transported to our secure, accredited storage facility.
- On arrival documents are given a unique barcode number, enabling boxes and files to be tracked throughout the bureau.
- Information is protected by the latest security systems; including early detection fire and flood.
- Scan on demand, enables files to be electronically sent back to you whenever you need them.
- Destruction is pre-agreed and documents will only be shredded once approval has been given, by authorised members of staff.
Document Scanning & Cloud Document Management
How does the process work?
- Personal records diverted to Cleardata’s scanning bureau, either on a regular basis or for one off batch scanning.
- Documents are scanned using high production scanners, producing high quality images.
- Once in electronic format, documents are 200% quality checked and indexed based on pre-agreed naming conventions.
- Digitised documents uploaded to the cloud, enabling staff to securely access information from any location using a web browser.
- The cloud document management system, provides a full audit trail and version control, enabling staff to track document changes and update versions accordingly.
- Passwords are controlled by you and file restrictions put in place to ensure documents are only accessed by intended staff members.
Protect your personal information, call our Records Management team today on 0800 046 8081 or use our online quotation tool, to calculate your costs.