Cleardata UK Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last reviewed in October 2023.
Our contact details
Name of Data Protection Officer: Sarah Murray
Phone: 01244 660816
The data controller for this website is Cleardata UK Ltd, Cleardata is registered at Innovation House, Coniston Court, Riverside Business Park, Blyth, NE24 4RP. Company Registration Number 03986970, VAT Number 747259794.
Information we may collect and process about you
General business information
We may collect and process the following information if you use our website and associated calculator tools, contact us form, register for an event or download a whitepaper from our website.
- name, business name and job title
- contact information including telephone number and email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
This data will be used for the purposes of following up your business enquiry. You can unsubscribe from our database by emailing email@example.com at any time.
To opt out of the collection and use of this information for ad targeting, please select opt out of Marketing Cookies by clicking the cookie consent tool, at the bottom of your screen.
Web server log files
Each time you connect to the internet your IP address is used by your computer/device. The IP address identifies your computer on the network and is automatically collected by our web servers so data (e.g. web pages) can be sent to you.
Legal basis – collecting your personal information
We process your data for a number of legitimate interests, including managing our relationship with you, for marketing, to help improve our products and services. This includes:
- Marketing and business enquiries – managing our new or ongoing relationship with you, to carry out marketing activities and show you information that may be of interest to you
- Customer services and sales enquiries – to manage enquiries, queries about ongoing work, complaints and compliments.
When providing services to end clients, Cleardata is a data processor and will be acting under instruction from the end clients.
If those end clients are NHS organisations, the National Data Opt-out responsibilities will apply to them and not to Cleardata.
How we process your data
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- If you use any of our enquiry tools e.g. contact us, scanning calculator, archive storage calculator, document management enquiry or whitepaper download, we will treat this as a business enquiry. We will use your information to discuss your specific enquiry only and may contact you with information about our products and services that may be of use to you in the future.
- You have a right to object to direct marketing. You may unsubscribe from our database at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or using our contact us form to do so. The information you have provided us with will be kept by Cleardata until you choose to opt out of our communications. This can be done at any time by using the aforementioned methods.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
Third party processors
Our carefully selected partners and service providers may process personal information about you on our behalf as described below:
Digital marketing service providers
We periodically appoint digital marketing agents to conduct marketing activity on our behalf, such activity may result in the compliant processing of personal information. Our appointed data processors include:
Links to other websites
If you engage with us via social media, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin this data will be held on these third party sites. This policy does not extend to third party sites.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure and have put in place suitable technical and organisational controls to safeguard information.
Our staff are vetted to BS7858 standard “Screening of individuals working in a secure environment.” Cleardata has a number of certifications that support the protection of data. These are available here.
During the enquiry process, the data you have provided may be used to run a credit check on your business. The information resulting from the check is used as an internal reference only.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
All promotional emails have the option to unsubscribe “opt out”. You may opt out at any time or email email@example.com with any updates to your information.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Data Protection Officer, Compliance Team, Cleardata UK Ltd, Innovation House, Coniston Court, Riverside Business Park, Blyth, NE24 4RP or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk